Ways to Help...
- Mentor or Advocate for a foster youth or young adult
- Donate home goods and new or gently used furniture for foster youth moving into their first place. See our FB page for our monthly greatest needs list. Items we are always in need of: Bathroom curtain sets, comforter sets, vacums, silverware sets, glass sets, blenders, cleaning supplies, apartment size fans. New or gently used desks, desk chairs, or dressers.
- Help with a foster youth move-ins. Great group project for home groups, book clubs, social or professional organizations to do together. You pick a weekend day near the first of the month to help a youth move in their new place. Usually a 4 or 5 hour commitment.
- Create a Welcome Baskets for foster youth move ins. Great for individuals or for home groups, book clubs, families, social or professional organizations to do together. Get your creative juices flowing and create a welcome basket and a handwritten encouraging note for the youth. Ideas for baskets: Coffee Basket (Various coffees, creamers, syrups, sugar, biscotti, cookies) Kitchen Utensil Basket (Kitchen utensils like a spatula, can opener, serving spoons, grater, whisk, dish brush, oven mitts, cutting board, most items at 99 Cent Store) Baking Basket (Various muffin and cake mix, frosting, decorations, muffin or baking pan) Pasta Basket (Various pasta, red sauce, alfredo sauce, olive oil, parmesan cheese, italian cookies) Be as creative as you want!
- Donate to the Cause This allows us to continue to serve the needs of foster youth. Whether it be emergency needs, providing home goods and furniture for move ins, hosting youth events, or contributing to our Lena Ryman Scholarship Fund to help youth pursue their academic goals, your support allows us to continue to serve foster youth and young adults that are in the greatest need
If you would like more info on how you can help or you would like to donate please contact us at [email protected].
If you are interested in using your talents for the ministry please let us know! We've listed some current volunteer opportunities below.
Currently we are in the greatest need for volunteers for Social Media and Data Management help
- Host an Event for our Ministry - Your group, organization, home group, sports team, rotary club, etc. can host an event for the mentors and mentees.
- Data management - Mailing list updates and follow up
- Social media & website updates - Help keep our mentors, advocates, foster youth and volunteers in the know
- Assist with monthly ministry events - Mentor/Mentee sponosored events or mentor orienations
- Fundraising - Generate ideas & plan fundraising events
To find out more about how you can help, please contat us at [email protected].