What is Selah?
Biblically defined as “pause”, “be still”, & “contemplate”, Selah is a reference point that helps us take time to reflect on the truth & rest in the goodness intended for our life. The belief that there is rest in Jesus, as simply promised in God’s Word is reflected in a gentle, restorative Christ-centered format that is a purposeful, safe and effective alternative to yoga. All fitness levels can participate.
You can expect:
- floor matwork, upright conditioning and balances
- Posture & alignment work
- Core muscle strengthening fused with barre and pilates moves
- Position holds exceed 5 breaths.
- Restorative & gentle progression to bring warmth for deep muscle work
- Modifications as individually needed
- Prayer, scripture led meditation, devotional material reading
- Time set aside for stillness and surrender
- a cell phone free environment
- ages 16+
Instructor: Hillary Thornton
Other services include scripture-led meditation & prayer, fitness nutrition coaching, pre & post-natal fitness support, mat pilates and "integrity", barre inspired sessions.
In your community - Selah class days/times and locations -
Thursday, 8:30-10 a.m. Gentle Strength, Restorative Stretch, Rock Church El Cajon campus, El Cajon, CA
Saturday, 9:45-11 a.m., Gentle Strength, Restorative Stretch, Alpine Library, Alpine, CA
Monday, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Mat Pilates, Alpine Library, Alpine, CA
Stay up to date with Selah, Stretch in HIs stillness: Facebook page
You are viewing ministry info for the Point Loma campus