Early Bird Price is $45 until October 19th.
Regular Price is $55 after October 19th.
Location and Times:
Thursday, November 3, 6:00pm - 9:00pm Cafeteria
Friday, November 4, 6:00pm - 9:00pm Room 235
Saturday, November 5, 9am - 5pm Room 235
You must attend all sessions (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) to receive certification
Pre-Registration is required and will close on Wednesday, November 2 at midnight.
A light continental breakfast will be provided on Saturday morning (November 5).
This training is certified by the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation www.icisf.org. Church members, chaplains, counselors, mental health professionals and pastors all benefit from these practical guidelines and strategies for people-care in times of need.
The Group Crisis Intervention training course is designed to present the core elements of a comprehensive intervention response strategy. It's one in a series of Crisis Intervention and Disaster Response workshops being hosted by the Rock Church to better equip those who desire to serve our community in the aftermath of disasters and/or critical incidents. It is the first time that this course has been offered at the Rock Church. Instruction will cover issues of what people need to know in advance of a crisis, as well as effective approaches that can help individuals and groups of people to recover from a traumatic experience. The Group Crisis Intervention course specifically equips participants in how to deliver special intervention techniques such as debriefings, defusings, demobilizations and more. This course is designed to specifically teach crisis intervention and emergency response skills to church members, crisis response teams, chaplains, mental health practitioners and basically just about anyone who wants to help others through a tie of crisis. Participants must attend all sessions to receive certification.
- General stress, cumulative stress, critical incident stress and PTSD
- High risk populations: emergency services, military, community disasters
- Faith considerations
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) fundamentals
- Core intervention tactics
- Signs and symptoms common to family and group crisis experiences
- Demobilizations, Defusing Demonstration
- Essentials of group intervention, Critical Incident Stress Debriefing (CISD)
- Assessing the need for Debriefings
- Factors which enhance intervention successes