Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Effectively writes and teaches a weekly Lesson Plan with age appropriate activities for the age group served.
- Supervises and works with each age group, from birth to 6 years as needed.
- Keeps classrooms, playgrounds, resources, equipment, and physical environment clean, safe and presentable.
- Ensures work area has the proper supplies and restocks as needed.
- Maintains licensing mandated child to teacher ratios at all times.
Education Training And Experience
- Must have 3 units in each of the following Child Development courses: Family Child and Community, Principals of Child Development.
- Units in Child Development Administration, Infant/Toddler, Curriculum Planning and Child Development-Supervision are preferred.
- If 12 units are not completed, 9 units may be completed while enrolled in
Job Skills Knowledge Abilities
- Understands requirements of Title 22 Chapter 12 of Community Care Licensing.
- Current Pediatric CPR and First Aid Certification preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications to verbalize issues clearly, concisely, and competently in positive or negative situations.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. Windows based software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events with poise and professionalism.
- Experience in conflict resolution with the ability to identify and resolve problems promptly.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Self-motivated and flexible with strong organizational skills.
Organizational And Spiritual Requirements
- Christ-centered behavior at all times. i.e. treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- For all grievances, follow Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:1
- Successful completion of both a LiveScan and reference check.
- Regular attendee of a Bible believing Christian church, to be reviewed by Administration.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings (and events, as needed).
- Signed acknowledgement of the Rock Church Statement of Faith.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as stated in the Rock Academy Staff Handbook.
- Pleasant and professional personality and appearance. Staff should set a good, modest example to students by dressing in Preschool uniform.
- Notifies Rock Academy Preschool Director and/ or Preschool Assistant Director if an absence or tardy arrival is anticipated. A message may be left, but continue to call back until an administrator is reached in person.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 60lbs (with or without assistance).
- This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor.
- External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106