Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set digital marketing strategies using all necessary tools (e.g. website, emails, social media, and blogs).
- Research products, services and current strategies to identify new opportunities.
- Develop and implement email campaign strategies.
- Analyze web traffic metrics and suggest solutions to boost web presence.
- Monitor SEO/SEM, marketing, and sales performance metrics to forecast trends.
- Implement and optimize the site, search and free trial retargeting campaigns.
- Implement and optimize win-back campaigns.
- Implement and optimize native advertising campaigns.
- Implement and test tracking is set up correctly, including items like setting up conversion goals in Google Analytics and implementing pixels and code snippets.
- Set up tracking that shows unique user data across digital advertising channels to provide visibility on what users have seen which ads.
- Keep up-to-date with our audience¹s preferences and proactively suggest new campaigns.
- Liaise with Marketing, Sales, Design and Content teams to optimize customer experience and ensure brand consistency. Liaise with Dev. to ensure digital advertising is set up.
- Monitor, test and optimize in order to expand campaigns and increase effectiveness.
- Establish best practices in digital marketing.
- Stay up-to-date with digital technologies developments.
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, the individual may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Chief Marketing Officer.
Education, Training, and Experience
- 3+ years digital and direct response/performance marketing and analytics experience - with an emphasis on strategy and execution in display, paid social, and/or other digital advertising platforms.
- Experience with ExactTarget, InfusionSoft, and/or ClickFunnels
- Hands on experience with online marketing tools and practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising or relevant field.
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Functional experience includes marketing campaign management, cross-channel analysis, digital strategy development, vendor management, tracking, and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets.
- Experience implementing and optimizing Google Adwords campaigns
- Solid knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics.
- Understanding of MailChimp, preferably Exact Target email clients
- Able to develop and leverage volunteers.
- Open to learning from feedback and reflection
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office for MAC (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments, and provide excellent customer service.
- Read, write, spell, and communicate clearly in English.
- Work productively, both independently and collaboratively with others.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Ability to handle stress well, be solution oriented, provide crisis management, maintain professionalism and leadership of their individual projects leading diverse personalities and teams of various experience and skills.
- Pleasant personality and proven ability to interact in a positive manner using a high degree of tact, diplomacy, discretion, flexibility and courtesy in gesture and speech.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to develop strategy and systems for achieving goals.
- Ability to recognize and maintain confidentiality as appropriate.
- Intentional contributions to creating a healthy staff culture.
- A self-starter who is accountable and requires minimal direction and supervision; a person who is open to new ideas; and a creative and flexible individual who is comfortable working in a large, complex organization.
Organizational and Spiritual Requirements:
- Demonstrate Christ-centered behavior at all times by treating people with dignity, respect, compassion and integrity.
- Utilize the principles of Matthew 18 and Ephesians 4:15 to resolve differences of opinion with others.
- Successful completion of a thorough pre-employment references and background checks, which includes: social security verification, Local, State & Federal criminal conviction records search, national security database, and sex offender registry.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings and events. This includes serving at Good Friday, Easter and Christmas services as well as the annual volunteer appreciation event.
- Member of the Rock Church (or willing to transfer membership to the Rock Church).
- Regular involvement in Rock Church activities, ministries and events.
- Tithe 10% to the Rock Church.
- Signed acknowledgment of the Rock’s Statement of Faith.
- Ability to interpret and adhere to the Rock’s policies, procedures and employee handbook.
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented, use good judgment, and be flexible and innovative.
- Professional attitude and demeanor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Must be able to work independently, communicate effectively, and lift up to 25lbs (with or without assistance). This position also may require long periods of sitting, standing, walking, and hand/eye coordination for keyboard data entry and viewing data on a computer monitor. External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who are or become disabled, as defined under the American with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the Essential Job Functions either unaided or with assistance of a “reasonable accommodation”, if such is determined, on a case-by-case basis.
Nothing contained in this job description or any other communication (written or verbal) the employee received is intended to be, nor should it be, construed as a guarantee that employment or that any benefit will be continued for any period of time. Compensation information provided to an employee, whether stated in hourly, bi-monthly, annual, or other terms, is not intended nor does it constitute an employment contract or agreement for any specific period of time.
No manager, supervisor or employee of the Rock Church and Academy has any authority to enter into any agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make any agreement for employment other than at-will.
Thank you for your prayerful consideration of employment with the Rock Church. We appreciate your interest and encourage you to pray for God's direction before proceeding.
Summary of Process
- Our staffing team will carefully assess all completed submissions received.
- Those who most closely parallel the job skills and requirements will be asked to enter the interview process.
- Applications for those not entering into the interview process will be kept on file.
The status of each job may be found on the Jobs page. If a position is no longer listed, either the position has been filled or a decision has been made to not fill the position at this time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected] or 619.226.7625.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in serving the Lord at the Rock Church and pray His perfect will for your life."
How To Apply
- Download employment application
- For each position desired, send your completed employment application and resumé to
[email protected]. *
(include job title in subject of email)
- fax: (619.393.0187) -OR-
- mail: 2277 Rosecrans St, San Diego, CA 92106