Be a Mentor!
Leadership and Mentoring Program for Young Women
One of the most selfless and important gifts you can give is your time. Too many teens today have no one to talk to about important issues and find themselves in big trouble before their lives even really begin. Inner-city kids are at an even higher risk. Consider being a mentor today and give a young woman an opportunity not just to succeed, but to truly shine!
Core Program Elements:
• 15 week program each year
• 4 year continuous leadership training for young women living in San Diego's inner-city
• Lessons and guests speak with authority on important issues and corresponding devotions/Bible Study
• One-on-one personal mentoring with godly mentors who keep teens accountable and on track
• College scholarships available for graduates of the Swimming Upstream four year program
• Mini-Conference/Pamper Day mid-year to refresh and encourage continued healthy life choices
• Commit to mentor for one full year
• Contact mentee once a week and meet face-to-face at least monthly
• Attend meetings during the 15 week program
• Take a personal interest in mentee
• Motivate by being a godly role model
• Encourage, educate and empower mentee to make healthy life choices
• Provide guidance without judgment
• Complete an application and background check which includes: interview, fingerprinting, reference check, ID and car insurance verification
• Maintain communication with staff
• Provide staff with any contact changes
• Ask for help/direction if a serious situation or issue with your mentee arises
If you're ready to take the next steps to become a mentor then congratulations! You will not regret your decision. Simply click on this link to fill out and send your mentor application. You will be contacted after we receive your application - thanks!