When Small Groups began at the Rock four years ago, we launched 67 groups in the first year. Now, four years later, we have over 200 groups. God is so good.
As we prepare to launch another small group season, our hope is that everyone at the Rock will be in a small group. Not only do we want to see every one plugged into a small group, but we want to see individuals grow spiritually. We believe that growing to be like Christ is a continual transformation that takes a lifetime. We also know that this transformation rarely happens alone which is why we want to do it together.
Making Small Groups Easy
Good, encouraging friends can make an enormous difference in our Spiritual lives
To help us grow in Christ and expand our ministry to our unsaved family and friends, the Rock is introducing a new small group model. This model is meant to complement our current small groups, rather than replace them. However, we encourage all of our current small groups to at least try it for six weeks and see what God does. We trust that God will use this series to multiply the number of people impacted for Christ through our church.
The concept of the Life Together Small Groups is simple: make leading a small group as easy as possible, yet powerful and effective. In fact, "leading a group" isn't the right term, so we've replaced it with "hosting a group." If you have a place to meet, a DVD player, and know how to press play (or you've got one of those cool voice-activated DVD players) then you're 90% ready to host a group.
You do not need to teach a Bible Study because the lessons on the DVD do the teaching. You are not asked to come up with discussion questions on your own either. There is a workbook that goes along with the study which provides the discussion questions for you. You simply need a love for God and an open heart for Him to use you.
Get In The Game
For those already in a small group...
- We are asking you to consider taking 6 weeks to host your own small group.
- We need as many new hosts as possible so we will have enough groups for people to get connected to.
- If you're interested in hosting, come to one of orientation dates listed below.
For those not yet in a group...
- Use this as an opportunity to find one. You will surely be blessed.
- If you're also interested in hosting, come to one of orientation dates listed below.
For those not interested in hosting, but want to participate...
- Sign up at the Rock Church Rally or in ministry alley on Sunday
Host Orientation Dates
|Sunday||September 5||11:00 AM||SDSU, Student Services 1500||Map|
|Thursday||September 16||7:00 PM||The Rock Offices||Map|
|Sunday||September 19||11:00 AM||SDSU, Student Services 1500||Map|
|Sunday||September 26||11:00 AM||SDSU, Student Services 1500||Map|
Rock Church Rally
Join us Saturday, September 11, for our Rock Rally, where Pastor Miles will reveal the mission and new vision of the church. Pastor Miles and Brett Eastman will also explain in more detail the purpose and concepts behind the new small group model.
Saturday, September 11, 6:30 PM
Paradise Point Resort and Spa, Conference Center,
1404 Vacation Road, San Diego, 92109
- Toys for Joy 2017
- A Military Christmas
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Nova Page
- Going Out and Coming In
- When God Moves
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Drew Barragan
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Andre Hudson
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Joshua Randle
- Get to know your Worship Leader: Ruben Mundo
- Hurricane Harvey Relief