Requirements and Commitments:
- Basic Chaplain Class OR CISM Pastoral Crisis Intervention Level 1 OR Level 2
- Successfully complete the four Rock Church LIFE Classes
- Actively serve in your church
- Serve a minimum of 8 hours per month to be recorded in a monthly report
- Involved in a church small group or equivalency
- Attend at least 2 team meetings annually (meetings will be scheduled quarterly and can be participated with online)
- Submit Application HERE
- Submit a brief ministry resume listing experience, training and related background information
- Acquire a Rock Church ministry leader or pastoral letter of endorsement of church attended
- Proved a brief summary of your mission and calling to this type of ministry (a few sentences will suffice)
Once we receive your completed application, you will be contacted by a Rock Church leadership member.
- Interview with a Rock Pastor
- Background check
- Invited to quarterly meetings
- Fill out monthly reports
- Rock Community Chaplaincy (RCC) business cards will be issued.
- Added to the "Meet our Chaplains" webpage. (Chaplain photo, email and location you serve in the community will be listed)
The Rock Community Chaplain ministry is a minimum two-year commitment that begins with a three-month trial (probation) period.
RCC's are encouraged to continue to advance in their training and experience through the Rock Church opportunities, actively serving in their church, involved in a church small Group or equivalency and need to attend at least two team meetings annually.
Thank you for taking the time to apply to become a Rock Community Chaplain. We are delighted that you are interested in applying to be a member of this San Diego community ministry team. If you sense a call by God to make a real difference in individuals and their families during times of a crisis, please give prayerful consideration regarding your involvement.