The most difficult part of returning to the community is managing the emotional, physical and mental adjustments experienced after a period of incarceration. Although our priorities may vary in importance; we all share the same basic needs; the need for medical, mental health and substance abuse treatment services, employment, food and housing. We are faced with many challenges in obtaining these vital services along our path from prison/jail to becoming responsible returning members of our communities.
The Re-Entry Support Services care team at Family Health Centers of San Diego, in partnership with the Transitions Clinic Network (TCN), is here to help you during your transition process. Our Community Health Worker (CHW), a trained professional who also has a history of incarceration, will assist you and support you with:

*Health System Navigation
*Goal/Action planning
*Resource Coordination
*Peer Support

Our team of Primary Care Providers, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Social Workers, SUD Counselors, Enrollment Specialist and Care Coordinators will ensure you get the quality medical, mental health and substance abuse treatment services to support your reintegration back into your community with:

**Medi-Cal Enrollment
**Patient Care Navigation and Support
**Dental Service
**Vision Service
**STD Screening and Treatment
**Mental Health Services
**Substance Abuse Counseling
**Specialty Care

Contact: Antonio Smith Community Health Worker 619-876-4451

Restore your right to Vote...

Here are the voting rights for convicted felons in CA:

Most people are unaware that their right to vote can be restored after a felony conviction.

Eligibility Requirements

You can register to vote and vote if you are:

  • A United States citizen and a resident of California,

  • 18 years old or older on Election Day,

  • Not currently in state or federal prison or on parole for the conviction of a felony, and

  • Not currently found mentally incompetent to vote by a court (for more information, please see Voting Rights: Persons Subject to Conservatorship).

Persons with a criminal history who can register to vote:

  • In county jail:

    • serving a misdemeanor sentence (a misdemeanor never affects your right to vote)

    • Because jail time is a condition of probation (misdemeanor or felony)

    • Serving a felony jail sentence

    • Awaiting trial

  • On probation

  • On mandatory supervision

  • On post-release community supervision

  • On federal supervised release

  • A person with a juvenile wardship adjudication

  • Persons with a criminal history who cannot register and vote:

  • Currently imprisoned in:

    • State prison

    • Federal prison

  • Currently serving a state prison felony sentence in a county jail or other correctional facility*

  • Currently in county jail awaiting transfer to a state or federal prison for a felony conviction

  • Currently in county jail for a parole violation

  • Currently on parole with the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation

    • Once you are done with parole your right to vote is restored, but you must re-register online at or by filling out a paper voter registration card.

How to Register to Vote:

Please use this tool to determine your eligibility: Restore your vote

You may request a voter registration card from the Secretary of State or your county elections office. If you are in jail, you are entitled to receive a voter registration card if you are eligible to vote.

You may also apply to register to vote on the Secretary of State’s website Your voter registration application must be received or postmarked at least fifteen (15) days before Election Day to be eligible to vote in that election. In elections conducted by your county elections official, you can “conditionally” register and vote provisionally at your county elections office after the 15-day voter registration deadline. For more information please go to the Secretary of State’s webpage on conditional registration and voting ( or contact your county elections official.

Vote by Mail

If you are already registered to vote at your current home address, you may request a vote-by-mail ballot application by contacting your county elections office. Once you receive your vote-by-mail ballot application, you must complete and return it to your county elections office at least seven (7) days before Election Day.

If you are not registered to vote at your current home address, you may register or re-register to vote and request a vote-by-mail ballot on the Secretary of State’s website

Release from Custody

If you requested a vote-by-mail ballot but are released from custody before you receive your ballot, you can still vote. Just go to the polling place for your home address or any polling place in the county where you are registered and vote a provisional ballot.

If you change your name, home address, mailing address, or party preference you must complete a new voter registration card.

Connect With Us

Send an email Prison Point Loma