We believe God is a God of purpose.
The family was the first institution created by God between a man and a woman. Parent/Baby Dedication is when we give back to God what belongs to Him (1 Samuel 1:27-28).This ceremony is not a substitute for the child's ultimate personal responsibility before God. In no way does this ceremony guarantee salvation or serve as a substitute for the personal need for children to accept Christ as Lord when they are aware enough to understand the gospel.
The Dedication Ceremony is a commitment by the parents or parent to train and teach their child principles, to trust in God, and be thankful for this blessing. Therefore, we dedicate the child/children of married couples (man and woman) and the child/children of a single parent who is committed to God in the development of the child and will be obedient to His Word and the following covenant:
- I/We will make Jesus Christ the Foundation of our home (1 Cor 3:11)
- I/We will keep the Passion for God before us always (Deut 5:29)
- I/We will fight for the Authority of God before our Family (Neh 4:14)
- I/We will place trust in God's Grace for life (Gal 2:20)
- I/We will love my family Unconditionally as God loves us (Eph 5:25)
If you are in agreement with these statements, complete the online application for Parent/Child Dedication. However, if your situation is different, and at this time you do not meet these guidelines according to God's Word, we would love to have the opportunity to help bring you into a closer relationship with God, so that you may be able to dedicate your family to Him.
It's the most important responsibility in the world, and the least trained. Parenting! Come learn practical ways to be the parent God has intended you to be.
If you plan on dedicating your child, this class is required.
Your child needs Godly parents not more stuff! How do you know if your child is old enough to participate? When they are old enough to attend Rock Kids! Baby dedications are held on stage for babies up to 24 months. Children over 24 months of age will be dedicated in a ceremony on your church campus.
We ask that children over 6 months do not attend the class as your participation in the class is expected.
- Point Loma Campus - [email protected]
- San Marcos Campus - [email protected]
- East County Campus - [email protected]
- San Ysidro Campus - [email protected]
- City Heights Campus - [email protected]
POINT LOMA: 2018 Child Dedication Class & Ceremony Schedule
- March 11, 2018
- June 3 - Class at 12pm in the Library
- June 10, 2018 -Ceremony at 12pm service
- August 19, 2018
- November 18, 2018
*KidsCare will be available for this class on the Point Loma Campus.
**Ceremony dates and location are subject to change.
You are viewing ministry info for the Point Loma campus