We are a DO SOMETHING church, and that includes our kids!
Families like you want to MAKE A DIFFERENCE, so here are kid-friendly projects you can do together during this season of quarantine.
"THANK YOU" POSTERS
MAKE A POSTER, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Make a "THANK YOU" POSTER for essential workers who are serving during the COVID-19 pandemic. This can be a general poster, or for specific types of workers. Take a video and photo of your poster (see "Project Details" below; you can even drop it off at a select Rock Church campus for distribution). Share your video and photo with Rock Kids, so we can spread God's love to the world!
QUICK TIPS BEFORE STARTING:
- TALK with your child about who the posters are for, and why.
- If you would like to talk with your child about crisis, please click here for conversation guides for children from preschool through high school.
- If you or anyone you know needs help or resources, please click the links for more information.
- PRAY together for the recipients of these posters.
- BE CREATIVE & HAVE FUN! Make an actual poster, decorate your window/doorway/sidewalk, use all the art supplies in your home, etc. These are great memories to make together, to remember when your family encouraged others during a worldwide crisis.
THE PROJECT DETAILS - MAKE, TAKE, SHARE:
- MAKE a Thank You Poster for any (or all!) essential workers.
- These posters will be displayed physically and/or shown on Rock Church/Rock Kids social media, via the VIDEO and PHOTO you submit (see below).
- You can make actual posters, or something non-traditional like sidewalk chalk drawings, window or door displays, etc. Be creative, and have fun together!
- TAKE one photo of your poster and one 30-second video of your child/family making the poster together. Please use the HORIZONTAL/LANDSCAPE orientation, versus vertical/portrait. In the video, ask age-appropriate questions of your child, such as:
- Who are we making this for?
- Why are we making this?
- What would you like to say to the people you are making this for?
- SHARE your photo and video:
- POST your video and photo on Facebook and/or Instagram. TAG @sdrockkids and #RKdosomething so that Rock Kids can see your post and celebrate what you are doing.
- EMAIL your video and photo to email@example.com.
- *OPTIONAL* POSTER DROP-OFF: If you would like to drop off your poster to a Rock Church campus for distribution, please bring them to our Point Loma or San Marcos campus, M-F 9am-3pm during our N95 mask assembly project (click the campus link for directions). Please note, admittance into the N95 mask assembly area is only for volunteers ages 18-64 years who have registered.
- If you do not wish to volunteer with the N95 mask assembly, simply let us know you are dropping off your poster(s).
- If you would like to volunteer when you drop off your poster, click here to register or text INFO to 52525.
MORE INFO & RESOURCES:
If you or your child have any needs, questions, or concerns during this season, we are here for you! Please text INFO to 52525 for info and resources for the whole family.