Carrie Prejean Comes Home to the Rock!
Carrie Prejean at Sunday's Miss USA pageant.
Carrie Prejean, Miss USAs first runner up, appeared at the Rock Church during services on Sunday April 26th. Prejean is a member of the Rock family and actively serves in church outreach ministries.
During the Q&A portion of the 2009 Miss USA pageant, Prejean expressed her belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, touching off a firestorm of widely publicized criticism from Pageant judge and nationally known celebrity blogger, Perez Hilton. In subsequent appearances, Prejean has stood fast in her morals and biblical truths, refusing to compromise her faith.
The Sunday services featured a discussion with the Rocks Senior Pastor Miles McPherson, who spent time with Prejean in the critical hours following the pageant. They shared the untold story behind the controversy that we havent heard.
Opinion Polls: What do you think?
ABOUT THE ROCK
The Rock Church was started in 2000 by Pastor Miles McPherson, a former NFL player and nationally recognized evangelist. McPherson is unique in his ability to attract a diverse audience that is also younger than most (avg age 28 - 32). The Rock is now San Diego's largest church and the nation's second fastest growing church according to Outreach Magazine. Located in the Point Loma area of San Diego, the Rock sanctuary is home to 12,000 church attendees during its five weekly Sunday services.
Service Times: 8 AM · 10 AM · 12 PM · 5 PM · 7 PM
- Ministry Highlight | Military Ministry
- Interview with Joyce Crittenden | Altar Call and Follow Up Manager
- So What Does Music Look Like?
- Rock Hero: Corbett and Susan Stone - June 2014
- Ministry Highlight | Jazz Ministry
- Interview with Nicole Franco | Video Department Managing Producer
- Pastor's Perspective | Tim Neisler
- Ministry Highlight | Dog Lovers
- Interview with Tony Reid | Traffic and Community Relations Director
- Boots Off Recap!