Are you interested in getting connected with the Rock Disaster Response Ministry? Stay informed HERE
- Complete a family disaster plan: This easy-to-complete six page document will take you through the steps necessary to keep your family safe during our next disaster. There is also a disaster plan tailored to caregivers and people who need additional assistance during an emergency. Download the plan HERE.
- Register for Alert San Diego: This is the County's mass notification system used only to alert residents to evacuate or remain in place during regional disasters or localized emergencies. The County does not have access to your mobile phone number unless you proactively register HERE
- Download the County's free emergency application: During a tsunami, earthquake, fire or power outage the County keeps residents up to date through this mobile app. You will not have to seek out information if you have the app; disaster updates will appear automatically as "text like" messages on your phone. There is no cost associated and the app (SD Emergency) can be found in the Apple/Google Play stores or accessed HERE (Residents who do not use mobile apps can simply dial 2-1-1 during an emergency for non-life threatening disaster information).
- Make your Community more Disaster Resilient - Register with "Recovers" : This site is designed to facilitate community preparedness and recovery. Residents can request help or sign up to donate and volunteer. Organizations can help by clicking “I Represent a Local Organization” at the upper-right. Recovers.org is the idealization of the infrastructure, Co-founders Caitra and Morgan built: a clean, easy-to-use recovery software framework that can be deployed before a disaster to prepare communities.
- Ready, Set, Go! That San Diego Fire-Rescue Department provides information on the instructions for wild land fires. No one knows when or where the next major wildfire will occur in our region. But it is a question of when -- not if -- it will happen. That's why San Diego Fire-Rescue has partnered with the International Association of Fire Chiefs to create the Ready, Set, Go! Wildland Fire Action Guide in English and in Spanish. We hope you will read the guide, and follow its advice. https://www.sandiego.gov/fire/safety/tips/readysetgo